Friday, January 23, 2009

Family Portraits: Take One

I've been so busy at work and trying to tackle on my never-ending list of "things to do" that my poor journal has been seriously neglected. Besides, it's a new year and we have a new president! I vow to post more often hehe. One of my passions in life is photography. I love capturing images! I've always enjoyed photography but really got into it when I purchased my first digital SLR camera in 2005 as I anticipated the birth of my daughter. I've learned so much since. I'm always looking for a photo opportunity to help build my confidence/experience so when my friend, Carrie, asked if I would take photos of her family, I enthusiastically agreed. I was quite nervous as I usually take pictures of my family and kids and this would be my first official family portrait session. Carrie just recently moved into this cute house and lucky for me, it had beautiful lighting. It also helped that my subjects are so beautiful! Here are a few of my faves:

The beautiful family, 3 generations



Aydin with his grandma. He's the first grandchild!


Aydin with his proud Auntie Carrie



Aydin with his beautiful mommy, Anney





I was trying to make use of the props in the house so I got Aydin on this little elephant rocker. I always have a thing for red doors and I love the color of Anney's dress against the red door.




This is my favorite from the session. It was a candid shot taken shortly after Aydin decided to make his mark on my newly purchased white rug! Good timing Aydin LOL

What a cutie!

Carrie mentioned that Aydin's curved 4th toe is reminiscent of their grandfather's finger who passed away recently.






He was so well-behaved during the entire session. He deserved this much needed nap!




I learned a lot from this session. I made use of available lighting, added props to certain shots and was able to practice posing group shots. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and looking forward to the next photo op!

No comments: